Voice & The Auteur Theory - Sofia Coppola
This week I chose to explore Sofia Coppola's work, almost solely based on the tiny fact that she is the wife of the leading man of a band I thoroughly enjoy, Thomas Mars of Phoenix. I was surprised to realize, I had seen a lot of her work before, actually, MOST of her work before this moment. So I was excited to be able to look at it with a critical eye instead of having to decipher the plot and point of the movie. I watched The Bling Ring Marie Antoinette Somewhere The Virgin Suicides Lost in Translation and for some fun and to see the way her voice might have translated i also watched The Flaming Lips : This Here Giraffe Phoenix: Chloroform I found that the her voice certainly shined through every single movie, and the first element I noticed make an appearance time and time again was the way sound was used in the movies. More often than not the dialogue was sparse and there was use of a lot of mundane sounds we don't truly pay any attention to in our real live...

Comments
Post a Comment